A Senior Care Assistant is needed to work nights in our well respected care home for the elderly.
The Croft is a friendly 22 bed Residential Dementia Home in Newton Abbot, which offers the highest standards of care and compassion to all its residents. We are currently looking for a naturally kind, caring and compassionate person to join our established team of fun and dedicated carers.
What we offer
- Minimum of 36 hours, full-time position including weekends on a rotational basis
- Competitive salary £11 to £11.50 per hour, depending on experience
- Training and career development support provided
- Regular manager feedback, supervisions and appraisals
- Free food, drinks and snacks on shift
- Shift patterns designed so staff have good family/work balance
- Pension scheme and we pay for your DBS check
- Leading a small team on your shift, taking responsibility for the support, physical and emotional well being and social needs of our clients;
- Administering medication to clients and communicating with health care professionals;
- Assisting and providing support for clients with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals;
- Checking clients regularly through the shift, to make sure they are safe and reassured;
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with clients, individually and as a group;
- Helping to maintain accurate records, using our easy to use iPod based care system, and undertaking ongoing training;
- Generally promoting our clients’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care.
What you’ll need
- Ideally, experience as a Senior Carer, caring for people with dementia, and an NVQ 3 in care;
- To have empathy and a caring nature;
- Good communicator;
- Conscientious, hard working and reliable;
- Able to work alone and as part of a close knit team;
- Available on alternating weekends for one weekend night.
For more details please contact Leanne or Julie on 01626 207265.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11 to £11.50 /hour